Monday, March 7, 2016


 
Holy Moly!!! I can't believe I'm already a third of the way done.  Time flies.  We went to Zone Conference and we got an award called the "golden plates".  It's a license plate holder that says "Golden Plates #1 car in the zone". Basically, it means that we have the cleanest car in the zone, and we get extra miles as a reward...funny thing, all the companionships that won it (one per zone) were Hermanas (sisters). 
 
One Friday evening I got a call about 9pm from a counselor in the branch presidency asking me "how good is your Spanish"...NEVER a good sign.  My response was "well...I'm not ready to translate for General Conference, but I can hold a conversation..."  He wanted me to speak on Sunday because the speaker assigned had to cancel.  The topic? Charity and how we shouldn't judge others...basically a call to repentance...on my first Sunday with the branch.
 
Hermana Dilworth has truly discovered how disaster follows me.  We set the stove on fire...Don't worry, it was just a small one that was promptly extinguished...apparently there was oil left on the burner from making taquitos.  Our smoke detector...that goes off whenever we open the oven and says "FIRE FIRE FIRE" didn't even go off when there were flames!
 
We found a store that only sells root beer.  Pretty much any kind of root beer you can imagine.  AND they give missionaries a 50% discount.  We have taken it upon ourselves to try as many as possible.  While out calling on referrals, we got lost...if I were still on the ambulance I would say we were doing "map study" to the learn the area :)  We did happen upon a great nighttime view of the downtown area that was amazing!  Funny story...While we driving Hermana Dilworth asked for a gross work story to send to her family, so I gave her one...she hasn't asked for any more :)
 
We were sad to learn the food bank were we volunteer is going to close.   We loved working there and will be sorry to see it go.  Well, that is it for this update.
The work is fun and we are meeting many interesting and memorable people.  I love the work, I love the opportunity to serve and share the Gospel!
 
Os amo,
Hermana Hargis

No comments: